Swigert Explorations 2018-2019
Purpose : Increase opportunities for students to deepen knowledge of IB through creative expression and different avenues and provide choice offerings to increase student engagement.
- 3 five- or six-week arts integration sessions (two will be the same from last year, and one session will be new.)
- First and third grade will have explorations from 2:25-3:20. Second grade will have explorations from 1:35-2:20. Fourth and fifth grade classes will have it with their afternoon classes, or will have explorations twice on Friday, am and pm, in the same classroom.
- Parent run explorations on the Friday following the end of your six week cycle. Parents will organize choice options and students will choose between different offerings.
- 4-5th grade musical students will participate in the musical after school. This year the musical is Hair Spray Junior.
Arts Integration 2018-2019
Welcome to Year 2 of our Arts Integration journey! We are excited to build on our successes from last year and further develop our work to enhance IB learning through the arts.
To enhance our IB Units with rich and authentic arts experiences for students.
In our IB Units, we can use the arts to:
- Deepen students’ enduring understanding around central ideas
- Increase student engagement
- Expand ways for students to express themselves
- Display creative and engaging evidence of student learning throughout the school and/or community
Through the arts, students can…
- Build community
- Develop sense of wonder
- Construct understanding
- Build self-esteem
- Demonstrate learning
- Have fun!