Explorations & Arts Integration
Swigert Explorations 2019-20
Purpose: Increase opportunities for students to deepen knowledge of IB through creative expression and provide choice offerings to increase student engagement.
- 3 five- or six-week arts integration sessions
- Will be a more flexible schedule in 2019-20, but loose schedule is: first and third grade will have explorations from 2:25-3:20. Second grade will have explorations from 1:35-2:20. Fourth and fifth grade classes will have it with their afternoon classes, or will have explorations twice on Friday, am and pm, in the same classroom.
- A committee is currently working on the plan for parent run explorations. Based on prior year, parent run explorations on the Friday following the end of the six week cycle. Parents organize choice options and students choose between different offerings.
Arts Integration 2019-20
Welcome to Year 3 of our Arts Integration journey! We are excited to build on our successes from the past two years and further develop our work to enhance IB learning through the arts.
Goals: To enhance our IB Units with rich and authentic arts experiences for students.
In our IB Units, we can use the arts to:
- Deepen students’ enduring understanding around central ideas
- Increase student engagement
- Expand ways for students to express themselves
- Display creative and engaging evidence of student learning throughout the school and/or community
Through the arts, students can…
- Build community
- Develop sense of wonder
- Construct understanding
- Build self-esteem
- Demonstrate learning
- Have fun!
2019-20 School Musical
The 2019-20 Swigert Musical is FROZEN!! A group of our 4th and 5th graders will perform in Spring of 2020.