IB Units of Inquiry
The PYP Planner is the format and scaffold that supports the planning for each unit of inquiry.
The planner needs to include the following components:
- Identified Transdisciplinary theme (one of the six themes identified above)
- A Central Idea for the unit, this is the enduring understanding for the unit of study.
- A formative and summative assessment task. How will we know the students have learned? How will they apply their new learning?
- What lines of inquiry will define the scope of the inquiry into the central idea?
- What teacher questions and provocations will drive this inquiry?
- What are the learning experiences for students to explore the Central Idea and Lines of Inquiry?
- Reflection- how successful were we? How do we know? What do we need to change? Why?
- What student-initiated action has come about from this unit?
- How does the unit provide opportunities for agency?